Releasing new Potential provides an individualised, one to one support service for people with a criminal record or those who are at risk of offending who are unemployed or economically inactive and would like to find work or training.
Each person on the programme will have a dedicated caseworker who will provide ongoing support to help you identify your barriers and work with you to overcome them by accessing specialist services including:
- Training and identifying courses
- Support with job searching
- Volunteering opportunities
- Securing a job
- Confidence building
- Referral to specialist courses and training
- Support with disclosing convictions
The case managers are skilled in coaching and delivering personal Information, Advice and Guidance to break down barriers and support the steps to employment. This will be achieved through a robust initial and diagnostic assessment at the start of the person’s journey.
The case manager and participant will set clear, SMART targets which will be identified as a result of the assessment, inclusive of referring the participant to specialist support services to support with key areas identified. Whilst the participant is working with the specialist partners, the case manager will continue to be in contact with the participant.
Actions taken and progress against the targets will be recorded to build the confidence of the participant and encourage motivation to achieve their identified outcomes on their pathway.
The case managers will also work with local employers, colleges, JCP and DWP to identify employment opportunities and/or courses that meet the needs and aspirations of the individual to achieve the goal of the participant.
We provide support for people who:
- Are economically inactive or have been unemployed for at least 12 months
- Are a UK citizen, or who have the right to work in the UK
- Have a criminal record or are at risk of offending
- Live in Bristol, North Somerset, Bath or South Gloucestershire