Releasing New Potential is a Community Interest Company operated by Weston College which supports and creates opportunities for people who are at risk of offending, in custody, and in the community.
We have a key focus on supporting people in custody with social enterprises and those in the community with community projects. Our core business is to provide services and projects to support people in leading crime-free lives.
Releasing New Potential CIC runs a number of projects both in custody and in the community to provide opportunities to develop skills, confidence and experiences that help prepare people for work or education opportunities.
Aims of Releasing New Potential…
Our aim is to unlock opportunities for change in individuals that have criminal convictions or are at risk of offending.
Our ultimate business vision will be to provide mechanisms to support people in desisting from crime.
Aims of Social Enterprises in Custody…
- To initiate and manage social enterprises within prison establishments, in partnership with individual prisons.
- Creating sustainable projects which will provide people in custody with the opportunity to have access to and participate in real life, meaningful work experience, and to develop employability skills and additional qualifications which will support them to secure employment on release.
- To sell products which have been produced by prisoners.
- To provide bursaries which may be available for learners on release to start new businesses.
- To provide an income avenue to support new projects, bursaries and reinvestment opportunities.
Aims of West of England Works Project…
- To support unemployed people with criminal convictions or those at risk of offending to secure work or college placements.
- Offer holistic 1-1 dedicated support for individuals.
- Work with a variety of organisations.
- Refer individuals for additional support with housing, counselling, work programmes, specialised courses and substance misuse.